Deploy Safe Registration for Custom Made Fabric and Sheepskin Seat Covers
This purchase registration records your integrated side airbag compatible seat covers.
Your registration will be saved together with the production information of your individual seat covers.
This data will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Purchase registration is not mandatory nor will it void any warranties.
Correct initial fitting and securing of seat covers on the vehicle is essential to guarantee the safety of the user.
Incorrect fitting can prevent the side airbag from inflating correctly in the event of a collision.
When fitting the seat cover proceed as follows:
- Seat covers have universal side opening seams on either left or right hand side of the seat cover to permit fitting.
- Ensure that the Deploy Safe airbag tag in the driver seat cover is on the outside of the seat facing the door. Passenger seat cover must also be fitted the same way.
- Driver and passenger seat covers must be fitted in the correct position with the side seam of the cover placed over the side airbag of the car seats.
- Driver and passenger seats must be mounted in the correct positions. These can be determined by the airbag labels on the seat cover (see Figure 1.0).
- Seat covers that have slipped must be repositioned. If this is no longer possible because of advanced wear, the cover must be removed and replaced.
- Do not tamper with the Deploy Safe side seams of the seat cover.
- Regularly inspect seat covers for wear, damage and seat cover misalignment.
- Adjust alignment if seat cover twists or moves from its original central aligned position.
- If the side seams split for any reason it CANNOT be repaired. Any attempt to re-sew the seam may interfere with the integrated side airbag deployment.
- Discard seat cover after side airbag activation.
- Side airbag deployment must never be compromised by the incorrect fitting of car seat covers.
Care Instructions for Fabric Seat Covers
Wash separately on gentle cold cycle. Do not soak, bleach, wring or spin. Do not dry clean, do not iron.
Care Instructions for Sheepskin Seat Covers
Hand wash with approved wool detergents. Do not soak for prolonged periods. Rinse and gentle spin (fleece out). Dry naturally at room temperature away from direct heat, preferably flat in shaded area. While still damp gently pull into shape and brush with a course stiff brush to restore pile. Do not iron. Specialist dry-cleaning recommended.
For fitting instructions click here.